Short Story Planner
*Your download includes a US-spelling version as well as a UK-spelling version*
This 7-Page story planner allows kids to take their narrative writing a step further and plan out the details of a full story without getting overwhelmed.
- Character development: Helps kids understand their characters better by asking questions like "What does your character want? How do they need to grow?"
- Setting development: Learners are given helpful prompts that help them create a setting for their story, as well as given lots of space to describe their world in detail.
- Plot development: Using an easy to understand story structure, students will be able to grasp a general understanding of their plot, including the exposition, inciting incident, rising action, climax, falling action, and closing image.
- Uses open-ended questions such as who, what, where, when, and why to get kids thinking deeper.
- Helps them organize their thoughts and ideas and create outlines for their stories so they feel excited and confident.
- Develops a visual roadmap for the writing battle that lays ahead of them so they don't get lost.
The Story Planner is highly adaptable and can be used for short stories or longer works of creative writing. It's versatile enough that you can use it with upper elementary students through to high school.
This product is included in the following bundles:
- Ultimate Writing Prompts Collection for Kids—Deluxe Edition
- Ultimate Writing Prompts Collection for Kids—Basic Edition
- Teen Story Writing Companion